Friday, March 1, 2013

What am I doing?


I'm going on a mission! So what does that mean?

I'm going to be leaving my home and family (and friends and school) to teach the gospel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That's it in a nutshell. A lot of people may get the wrong idea about what my goals are in this decision.

Hopefully this post can clarify, at least a little.

I'm not going up to Canada to try to force people to something that they don't really want. I'm not going out there to find people to swindle or bully or manipulate to be baptized. Rather, I know that there are people out there who are looking for someone like me to help them to find the truth... to figure out who they are, why they're here, what their purpose is and learn that they are loved, they are sons and daughters of a Father in heaven who wants them to be happy.

I truly believe and know, without a doubt, that through Christ, through his sacrifice that enables us all the change a little, each day, to become a little better, a little kinder, a little more loving, a little more trusting.... through Christ and his enabling sacrifice, we can achieve complete happiness. I know that, and I want to share it with the world. I'm really just sharing truth and light and happiness, and I can't wait to witness God change people's lives. :)

I found a website that explains what I'll be doing even better than I have been able to. :) The article is great, but even better is the video at the bottom. Watch it! That'll be me!

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/topic/missionary-program


"As a missionary I have been able to watch people. As they begin to learn about Jesus Christ, they begin to understand what God sees in them."

"If the worth of a soul is great to God, I have a pretty big reason to help someone else. It doesn't matter what kind of help they need, I'm just there to help them."

"Every single person on this earth is precious. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way for us to find happiness in this life, and eternal life in the life to come; to eventually return back to live with our Heavenly Father. And that's what he wants, he wants us all to return. That's what I want, that's what we as missionaries want. What we want is for all of us, every single person no matter who you are or where you are, to be happy and return to live with God."

Our missionaries are not salesmen with wares to peddle, rather, they are servants of the Most High God, with testimonies to bear, truths to teach, and souls to save. Thomas S. Monson



No comments:

Post a Comment