Monday, May 6, 2013

     Okay, wow! It's been a crazy, crazy past 5 days. (Five days? Really? Only five days?!) So, first. First of all! I'm in Gatineau,Quebec! It is about two hours away from Montreal. It is part of the Ottowa zone! We are in the only French speaking area in the Ottowa zone and right across the river from Canadian parliament. We see it on the way to and from our district meetings.It is beautiful here! It is summer. I love it! It's so green! Not too many trees, but more than Utah, that's for sure! Our area covers Hull, Alymer and up to Chelsea.
     My companion is Sister Smith! She is from Draper, Utah. She is a hard worker, that's for sure. She has only been out three months! She has had six years of French. We are opening the Gatineau area to Sisters! Because it is a new area, we don't have any inversigators....except one, Jocelyn is the one investigator we did inherit. She is a super sweet lady, I love her to death but she has been investigating the church for 35 years! Wow! I really hope we can meet her needs and help her find peace.
     We live in the basement of a member's home, Spring and Lancer Shultzke. They are so noce. SO NICE. The apartment in their basement is brand new! We are so spoiled! Brand new new car, apartment, phone etc.
     So because it is a new area, we are knocking! All day! Knocking, knocking, knocking. It's hard  work, especially when nobody wants to talk to you and you're trying not to feel like you're bothering people...But it's good. Sister Smith is good at keeping me positive. It is hard work, much harder than I expected. But I am happy. I't really awesome knowing I'm where Heavenly Father wants me to be and I'm doing what he wants me to do! I can't ask for much more than that. :)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment